Tamilnadu State Board New Syllabus Samacheer Kalvi 7th English Guide Pdf Term 1 Prose Chapter 3 A Prayer to the Teacher Text Book Back Questions and Answers, Summary, Notes.
Tamilnadu Samacheer Kalvi 7th English Solutions Term 1 Prose Chapter 3 A Prayer to the Teacher
7th English Guide A Prayer to the Teacher Text Book Back Questions and Answers
Warm Up (Text Book Page No. 138)
Read the clues, guess the profession and fill in the crossword puzzle.
|2. Teaches students – Teacher||1. Gives Treatment to animals – Veterinary Doctor|
|4. Helps doctors and patients – Nurse||3. Grows crops – Farmer|
|6. Builds houses according to a plan – Engineers||5. Flies an aircraft – Pilot|
|9. Protects the country – Soldier||7. Plays a musical instrument – Musician|
|10. Gives ticket to passengers – Conductor||8. Stitches clothes – Tailor|
Which is the role of a farmer in society? Discuss and answer.
Farmer has a major role in the society. He grows crops and provides food to the entire country.
When you grow up, what do you want to become? Why?
When I grow up, I want to become a soldier. Because serving our mother country is a best service.
Textual Exercise (Text Book Page No. 144)
I. Which of these statements do you find in the speech?
1. Inclusion is essential for us to do well in life.
2. We should neglect others.
3. Communicate politely with the less privileged.
4. Teachers teach us to communicate well.
5. Effective Communication is inessential to excel in life.
1, 3, 4
II. Read the statements. Tick the correct words. You can tick more than one.
1. We should develop the ability to learn from
2. Teachers help me to learn things.
3. Teach me to appreciate
c) small creatures
4. We should learn to questions.
III. Answer the following questions in a sentence or two.
1. What is inclusion? Why is it important?
Inclusion is to value everyone beyond the boundaries irrespective of their differences. Inclusion is important to be successful in life.
2. What is good or effective communication?
Good or effective communication teaches or helps us speak and write what we feel to convey.
3. What should we learn from our teachers?
We should learn newer and more difficult things from our teachers.
4. What kind of learning brings joy to you?
The process of learning newer and more difficult things, more than what we can learn which brings joy to us.
5. In what ways are we doing injustice to nature?
We do injustice to nature by felling trees, killing small creatures and causing urban decay.
6. What do you need to learn to live a good life in this world?
The power of humility is needed to leam to live a good life in this world.
7. How does the ability to question help us?
The ability to question helps us to get answers, to establish better order of things, to be accountable and in the end it helps us to see the truth emerge.
8. What do you think are the two most important lessons that the speaker mentions?
The power of humility and the power of silence are the two most important lessons that the speaker mentions.
IV. Answer the following questions in detail.
1. What are the skills/values a teacher should teach their students to live in this competitive world?
To live in this competitive world, our teachers should teach their students important skills and values like, the value of inclusion, the ability to communicate both written and verbal, the ability to learn newer and more difficult things.
2. What kind of a life do you want to lead in this world?
I want to live in this world with the power of inclusion, good communication, appreciating nature, with the power of humility, silence, and tolerance.
Vocabulary (Text Book Page No. 145)
A. Match the suitable prefix and suffix to create new words of your own. One has been done for you.
B. Refer to your dictionary. Add a prefix or suffix to the following words and find their antonyms.
- privileged – unprivileged
- animate – inanimate
- discriminate – discrimination
- empty – emptiness
- communicate – communication
- leam – learned
C. Listen to the story and fill in the blanks by selecting the right option. Text for listening is in (Text Book Page No. 146)
1. Raj was upset as he had done ………………. (well/poorly) in his English test.
2. His grandmother gave him a ………………. .(pen/pencil)
3. Granny compared ………………. (Raj/Ravi) with a pencil.
4. Raj’s pain of not doing well in his test was compared with ………………. of pencils. (sharpening/writing)
5. Raj understood that failures are stepping stones to ………………. (success/climbing)
E. Look at the pictures. Pick out the right preposition and fill in the speech bubbles given below.
USE GRAMMAR (Text Book Page No. 150)
F. Read the following sentences carefully and underline the preposition.
- Julian placed her lunchbox inside her bag.
- Vinothini left the house before sunrise.
- Ben saw Daisy playing across the road.
- Hema keeps all her teddy bears on top of her wardrobe.
- Divya hid the sweets behind her back.
- Sudha fell over during the basketball match.
- Madhusudhan checked to see if his keys had fallen underneath his chair.
- Mrs. Meena asked the children to go into her classroom.
- After lunch, the children were allowed to play.
- Saravanan climbed onto the horse.
G. Complete the following sentences using appropriate prepositions.
1. Is your mother home?
2. There is unity in the diversity of the people.
3. He discussed the problem with his parents.
4. Lithisha was praised by her father.
5. Can you finish work tomorrow?
6. He has been absent last week.
H. Fill in the blanks using suitable prepositions from the box. Some options can be used more than once.
1. What do you do …………….. weekends?
2. I am going to my village …………….. Sunday.
3. I haven’t met my friends …………….. December.
4. Run …………….. the street and get me the ribbon.
5. He told me in detail …………….. the incident.
6. This picture was drawn the girl …………….. charcoal.
7. The car was travelling …………….. a great speed.
8. The ball fell …………….. the lake.
9. There is a bridge …………….. the river.
10. The conference will be held at…………….. 10 a.m …………….. 5 p.m.
I. Fill up the blanks using suitable prepositions on your own.
1. The soldier climbed …………….. a horse and rode away.
2. They have been here …………….. a long time.
3. Kumaravel has lived in this city …………….. 2012.
4. The paper was published …………….. an International journal.
5. When will you return …………….. home?
6. One …………….. the four students wrote the answers correctly.
7. This fruit is …………….. the Mexican capital.
8. The head office is …………….. Nungambakkam. It is …………….. College Road. As you go …………….. the station, the office is …………….. the right side.
in, at, to, at
9. The sailors were taken …………….. the forest and made to walk …………….. 10 miles.
10. The girl standing …………….. me was sneezing.
J. Fill in the value trees with the best qualities you like to follow in your life from the given list. Write a few lines about your favourite quality in the box.
My favourite quality is to remain as brave as always. Because things happen in our life. Bravery enables us to be positive and energetic during a critical time in our life.
CREATIVE WRITING (Text Book Page No. 153)
K. Fill in the template given for limerick.
There once was a boy named Ben
Who sat in his den with a pen?
He plays this video game
That is very lame
The game he plays is called Ben Ten
A Prayer to the Teacher Summary in English
To live a useful life, we must learn certain things. We must inherit certain virtues such as inclusion effective communication, continuous learning in life, appreciation of nature, ability to question, humility, knowing the power of silence, having a world of things, appreciating diversity, and tolerance.
A Prayer to the Teacher Summary in Tamil
பயனுள்ள வாழ்க்கை வாழ்வதற்கு நாம் சில காரியங்களை கற்க வேண்டும். சில மதிப்பீடுகளை பெற்றுக் கொள்ள வேண்டும். அந்த மதிப்பீடுகள் பின்வருமாறு எல்லோரையும் சேர்த்துக் கொள்தல் பயனுள்ள பேச்சு, தொடர் கற்றல், இயற்கையை நேசித்தல், கேள்வி கேட்கும் திறன், அமைதியின் சக்தியை உணர்தல், உலகளாவிய பார்வை, வேற்றுமையில் ஒற்றுமை, உணர்வு, சகிப்புத்தன்மை.